Login to forums:

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

User Tag List

Thread: Hotrodders.com gets episodes of "Overhaulin" pulled from the air - YAY !

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hotrodders.com gets episodes of "Overhaulin" pulled from the air - YAY !

all pulled episodes are ones that feature a shop called "Gas Monkey Garage" which recently spammed the hotrodders.com forum with their poser "bad ass" image and a thinly veiled advertising scheme that hid behind the guise of "charity"

this got the forum owner highly pissed off .... heres the post about the Discovery's decision

http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/gas-...ost700714.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    Here's an update on the Gas Monkey scandal. For those of you who aren't up-to-date, please read this section of our site: Gas Monkey Scandal.

Yesterday, I spoke with Kristin Brown of Discovery Communications, the corporation that owns the Discovery Channel, The Learning Channel, Animal Planet, the Travel Channel, and many others. Kristin is a Vice-President of Communications for Discovery.

Richard Rawlings and Gas Monkey Garage were filmed in episodes of the show Overhaulin', to be aired this television season.

Anyway, after reading our Monkey Boys Media Center, Kristin said that Discovery has agreed to discontinue their relationship with Richard Rawlings.

All episodes of Overhaulin' which feature Richard Rawlings or Gas Monkey Garage have been pulled from the air!

Also, Kristin said that Discovery won't be working with Rawlings or Gas Monkey Garage in the future. She said that the Discovery Channel logo, which now appears on GasMonkeyGarage.com, will be disappearing shortly.

Kristin has also given me a direct phone number to reach her whenever necessary. And, she said that Discovery may want our input on future hotrodding shows. This may possibly include a Discovery representative sent to our forums, to gather our feedback before scripting new seasons of Overhaulin'.

----

So, now SEMA has dropped Richard Rawlings and Gas Monkey Garage (discussed in this thread), and so has Discovery .

It's interesting to note that we still haven't received that apology from Richard Rawlings. Next, I'll be calling SpikeTV. Apparently, Gas Monkey Garage is scheduled to appear on episodes of their show MuscleCar.
    i can haz SVT?

Sr. User
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahahahah draaaaaama

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SO all that money was spent by all parties involve for nothing? I doubt it, im sure it will be edited and sent out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this wouldnt be the first time a company has ditched an entire show over a controversy

in fact, its probably one of the cheaper shows to ditch:

hardly any sets,
    alot of the people working on the cars are previous marks who are volenteering
    all the parts are donated
    the main characters dont make 1mill / episode

there have been million dollar movies that were dropped during production, why not a few episodes of a tv show ?
    i can haz SVT?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

those be some crazy links - I'd never heard of this guy before but he sounds like a grade-A toolbox. also - Discovery and Overhaulin's logos are still up on the GMG site.

Actually doing things that 99% of NYSpeed only talk about.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting what a tight nit, focused, serious automotive community can accomplish.
    NYSpeed - "Nostrum posterus est nunquam. "

On A Leash Because I Was Naughty Jack's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rx3
    Interesting what a tight nit, focused, serious automotive community can accomplish.
    What is that?
    Updating...
    Jeep SRT8 for now...