I'm just here for the ladies. boxxa's Avatar
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hey Buffalo on CNN!

http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_c2#...ic-surgery.cnn

Way to go Buffalo.

"You have a 49 million dollar deficit. What would you do with an extra 6 million a year?"
    "Hire more teachers"

Where did these people learn math?
    Last edited by boxxa; 02-21-2012 at 12:49 PM.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every time I see Phil Rumore on TV I want to punch him in the face.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh wow! So that's why im paying school tax. I don't have kids, and all these years I thought I was paying taxes so that someone else's kid can get a piss poor education. Now i know that i am paying school tax so that Ms Nancy can get bigger boobs. Well as long as i know where my money is going.

Mr.MOFUGGINBUZZKILLVILLE
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol I know a girl who got a boob job done courtesy of the Buffalo School District...

They came out nice, but I couldnt have been more disgusted lol. I just dont understand how city officials get so much of this shit wrong. How can something like this happen in this city the way were bleeding money left and right as is. I WANT TO PUNCH BABIES RIGHT NOW!!!

Lifetime User
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A little off topic but I know the doctor mentioned in the video and he does excellent work.

World Wide Waterjet

www.WorldWideWaterjet.com

Springville, NY
    (716)592-4957
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't I hear this story a year ago?
    It is fun to guess what the next black eye on Buffalo will be though.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post
    Every time I see Phil Rumore on TV I want to punch him in the face.
    Go ahead. The reconstructive surgery would be covered by his insurance and he'd probably get an eye lift while they were at it.
    "My Z is a hybrid vehicle....it runs on gasoline and money."

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Eyed Devil View Post
    Didn't I hear this story a year ago?
    It is fun to guess what the next black eye on Buffalo will be though.
    I think its getting attention again due to the fact they are closing schools yet still paying millions in these benefits.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The school district doesnt pay for anything their insurance does, do you guys just like to complain about things because you dont get them too? Maybe if you stopped complaining about what others are getting that you arent you might be able to put in enough effort to get them for yourself. They have good insurance which offers a service which others do not and yes they might pay extra for it but they pay for it not you (yes i know taxes pay salary but every school district needs to pay teachers figure out how much more youd pay if you had to send your kids to private schools).
    Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by slowtalon View Post
    The school district doesnt pay for anything their insurance does
    The higher/better coverage plan the more it costs the employer and in this case the more it costs tax payers.

I can't think of many other jobs that pay for cosmetic surgery.
    Last edited by LZ; 02-28-2012 at 04:33 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The school district doesnt pay for anything their insurance does, do you guys just like to complain about things because you dont get them too? Maybe if you stopped complaining about what others are getting that you arent you might be able to put in enough effort to get them for yourself.
    Hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahhahaha.

Dear god tell me you really think insurance companies freely offer surgery to teachers and no one pays for it at all.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Last edited by boxxa; 02-28-2012 at 04:54 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you get health insurance through your employer, it is considered Employer Sponsored. That mean that your employer is paying for a portion of your health insurance premiums. This is what allows you to get low cost health insurance through your employer. Without your employer paying for a portion, the cost to you would be significantly higher. This is why people without a job, often elect to not have health insurance, it's not affordable.

So, your employer negotiates with the insurance company and determines what your plan will look like, and what the coverage will be. They can choose to have certain care types added or removed (barring any laws that prohibit deny coverage for certain things). So, most plans don't cover cosmetic because the premiums are much higher, that cost is passed on to your employer and likely you the employee to some extent.
    Last edited by boardjnky4; 02-28-2012 at 05:10 PM.

Finders keepers!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you really just have to explain how health insurance works?

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by itsJim View Post
    Did you really just have to explain how health insurance works?
    Seemed justified based on the previous comment

Finders keepers!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was more or less kidding, but i think boxxa did a better job lol

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know, at first I was a little surprised that someone wouldn't understand how it works...Then I realized something. That I should stop being surprised by how truly stupid some people are.

.08 is NOT too drunk to drive Joe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Buffalo teachers make jack shit for their first ~20 years and need Masters degrees, and they have to deal with undisciplined little fuckheads all day. I'm sure they'd be more than happy to downgrade the insurance if they didn't make 30k.
    Last edited by Joe; 02-28-2012 at 08:16 PM.
    'Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservative.'
    Your implies possession. You're = you are. To = where you're going. Too = Also. Two is more than one. If you call someone out on misuse of these, please don't spell it Grammer.

Regular User
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't remember exactly what it was...but there was a trade off at the time of the negotiating of this contract...they ended up getting the cosmetic surgery coverage because they couldn't get something else which was more typical... i just don't remember what it was at the moment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know that the employer covers a portion of the insurance but it is included in their pay package which employer (the state) agreed to. They pay the same ammount if people get the surgery or not so it doesnt cost more or less its simply part of their insurance coverage. So why are any of you saying "I dont want to pay for xxxx with my tax dollars" teachers get shit on enough and are constantly being made to either give back part of what they are due or being cut completely. Fact is when there is a budget deficeit teachers and jails are the first thing to go. Everyone is only concerned with themselves and i dont know how many times ive heard "I dont have kids, why should i pay school taxes" this is just ignorance and i truly believe no one who says this has any idea how important education is. New York education is extremely good and the teachers get more because they are effective, when i moved to florida my very first job interview as soon as the owner heard i was from new york with an actaual diploma and not a GED he hired me on the spot (he was from Syracuse) and my first day at work i knew why, the other 2 guys on the job could barely read and had no practical knowledge, so instead of bashing teachers for their pay package why not thank them for doing a decent job teaching your kids because many other states have no where near the level of educators that we do here and they deserve every advantage they get. Im sure boob jobs were not the point of putting this insurance package together in the first place and its more for optional but helpful surgery option such as breast reduction to cut down on back issues for female teachers, but if the insurance pays for it then more power to them.
    Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sigh.
    I dont understand bus lanes. Why do poor people have to get to places quicker than I do?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Simple. The insurance premiums would (or should) be considerably less expensive without cosmetic surgery coverage. The savings could then go towards teacher's paychecks. Then they can save up and spend their own money on tit jobs. Just saying "They agreed to it, so whatever" is a fucking cop out. The whole point is that they should not have agreed to it in the first place.

Also, if you think New York teachers are compensated fairly, you should do more research. Maybe in wealthy counties/towns where people actually pay taxes then the teachers get a fair paycheck... That's not true everywhere, though. I'm pretty sure that teachers in poor areas of NYC, downtown buffalo, etc... get paid shit.
    Last edited by boardjnky4; 02-28-2012 at 10:39 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No one would care about this benefit if the school system has extra money and wasn't laying off teachers to close schools. Buffalo not drawing middle class tax paying families into the city decreases the over all budget of city and the tax dollars collected which means the city has less money to spend on its programs.

Economics 101

Also, there is probably significant amounts of hidden costs in these programs. I am assuming that there is paid leave for teachers to have it which means spending more on substitutes on top of the time off and recovery time from someone getting work done.

LASTLY
    I don't agree with the argument that teachers don't make enough. Yes, there is tenure and not any performance based pay programs for ones who are making a difference but since they are public workers, they are paid for the standard job they are expected to do.

The average American worker:
    52 weeks x 5 Days/week = 260 Days
    3 weeks vacation/year = -5 Days*
    10 holidays/year= -10
    3 sick days/year= -3
    2 personal days/year= -2
    Total days worked 240 Days/ year

Work day is 8 hours WORK with 1/2 hr. unpaid lunch and 2/15 minutes break/day in NY state

The average teacher:
    School year = 180 days
    14 Holidays/year= -14
    5 personal days/year= -5
    7 Sick days/year- -7
    ? Vacation days/year= -10 (not sure but know new teachers who get 2 weeks)
    Total days worked 153 Days/ year

Now take what you make and factor it into 153 days instead of 260 and see how you compare.
    Last edited by boxxa; 02-29-2012 at 10:35 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boxxa View Post
    LASTLY
    I don't agree with the argument that teachers don't make enough. Yes, there is tenure and not any performance based pay programs for ones who are making a difference but since they are public workers, they are paid for the standard job they are expected to do.

3 weeks vacation/year = -5 Days*
    10 holidays/year= -10
    3 sick days/year= -3
    2 personal days/year= -2
    Total days worked 240 Days/ year

Work day is 8 hours WORK with 1/2 hr. unpaid lunch and 2/15 minutes break/day in NY state

The average teacher:
    School year = 180 days
    14 Holidays/year= -14
    5 personal days/year= -5
    7 Sick days/year- -7
    ? Vacation days/year= -10 (not sure but know new teachers who get 2 weeks)
    Total days worked 153 Days/ year

Now take what you make and factor it into 153 days instead of 260 and see how you compare.
    Here, let me help you with that:

3 weeks vacation/year = -15 Days
    10 holidays/year= -10
    3 sick days/year= -3
    2 personal days/year= -2
    Total days worked 230 Days/ year

The average teacher:
    School year = 184 days (this is a minimum for teacher work days NOT counting holidays)
    Holidays/year= See above
    3 personal days/year= -3
    7 Sick days/year= -7
    And if you want a vacation, that's what the holidays/summers are for. So vacation time "doesn't exist" per say.

Total days worked 174 Days/ year

Work day is 7.5 hours with a half hour lunch (or possibly less) and no "breaks." I use quotations since teachers have planning periods to use, but whatever work (grading, lesson plans) isn't done by the end of the school day is going home to be finished. So that all depends, you could say they get breaks but then their work day gets extended into their evening. Often that work gets extended into the evening no matter how much gets accomplished during the day.

Now I am in no way condoning the benefits of the Buffalo city school teachers, I just wanted to point out here what I believe to be an exaggeration in the difference in days worked between the average worker and average teacher.
    Last edited by livin4hockey; 02-29-2012 at 12:22 PM.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So don't teach it in Buffalo?

Go look up salaries for school teachers in Williamsville or other places

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast