0 Thread(s)

very cool stuff

Wife = "Honey please don't drift this corner, we have soup in the car."
    1997 Corvette 418| LSX E36 M3 | 2013 Ram Cummins | 1997 Viper | 3800SC Cavy

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still ended the day with 41.1 kWh. On a perfectly clear day like yesterday I should have hit 52-53 so it wasn't as bad a hit as I expected considering the eclipse was right in the middle of my peak generating time since the majority of my panels are on the west facing side of my roof.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's real cool!

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like Tonawanda is starting the same program Amherst did.

http://solarizetonawanda.org/

Only difference is they dropped Frey Electric and they're going with just CIR and Solar Liberty. Not a big surprise considering Frey came in highest of my 3 quotes and both CIR and Solar Liberty said Frey was more into commercial work. Frey was also the only one to do their quote without even stepping foot on my property so it kind of confirmed they weren't really that serious about their bid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I might have to seriously look at this now. I have a 3 car garage with one side facing due South.....

1994 Audi 90 V8 - 1988 Audi 90 MS3X - 1978 GMC High Sierra

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post
    Looks like Tonawanda is starting the same program Amherst did.

http://solarizetonawanda.org/

Only difference is they dropped Frey Electric and they're going with just CIR and Solar Liberty. Not a big surprise considering Frey came in highest of my 3 quotes and both CIR and Solar Liberty said Frey was more into commercial work. Frey was also the only one to do their quote without even stepping foot on my property so it kind of confirmed they weren't really that serious about their bid.
    Yes, I saw this last week and I will give it a shot again.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still have access to the solar design tool, if anyone would like me to do a quick assessment for their house. NOTE: I am NOT an installer. I just happened to play around with it when getting them installed on my house.

Just PM me your address and the last 12 months of your usage in kWh. I can do a quick check from the design tool and see what can potentially fit on your roof...

Usage is a choice on the National Grid website and you can do an Export of a spreadsheet. Toss me the whole thing if you want... anything helps.

Again, not a sales pitch. I don't work for a solar place. I just happen to have the tool still and the knowledge to at least say "It's worth it for you to get some real quotes"
    Last edited by Clean Baldy; 08-28-2017 at 04:00 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clean Baldy View Post
    I still have access to the solar design tool, if anyone would like me to do a quick assessment for their house. NOTE: I am NOT an installer. I just happened to play around with it when getting them installed on my house.

Just PM me your address and the last 12 months of your usage in kWh. I can do a quick check from the design tool and see what can potentially fit on your roof...

Usage is a choice on the National Grid website and you can do an Export of a spreadsheet. Toss me the whole thing if you want... anything helps.

Again, not a sales pitch. I don't work for a solar place. I just happen to have the tool still and the knowledge to at least say "It's worth it for you to get some real quotes"
    Sent you a PM

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clean Baldy View Post

Did you get my PM?

I just submitted my free assessment through Solarize Tonawanda

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got my first 0 usage bill this week. With 174 kWh banked.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mankthetank19 View Post
    Did you get my PM?

I just submitted my free assessment through Solarize Tonawanda
    Hey! Crap, I did and totally blanked out on it! Thanks for the poke.

Your roof is pretty sizable! You can fit at least 17 panels on each side. Since it's an east/west facing roof, you'll probably be quoted for panels on both sides so that you can sun throughout the day.

Even better news is that you'll be able to fit a system up there to cover your usage AND you can use less expensive, lower KW panels. You'll need more panels that way, but you should be seeing a cheaper installation cost!

My panels were $2.75/W installed, due to my needing the 320W LG panel. I had a quote for Seraphim 315W panels for $2.50/W. On you roof, if you go with more 280W panels, it should be WAY down in price in comparison.

When you get the free assessment, just toss their quote on over and I can tell you if it's good or bad. When I did my system, CIR and Solar Liberty both came in with similar systems and in the end, they negotiated both of their prices down. MEANING, the first offer is the sucker offer.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567