Login to forums:

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

User Tag List

Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4148495051
Results 1,251 to 1,265 of 1265

Thread: The Trump Presidency Discussion Thread (Non-Meme version)

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dude ends a missile crisis with a couple tweets.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lord
    Go into debt. Build a drift car!
    WEBSITE: BINGS.CA /// FACEBOOK GROUPS: BINGS.CA /// SON240SX /// Ontario Infiniti G & Nissan Z /// CANADIAN BMW M-CARS /// FACEBOOK PAGES: NYSPEED

Lifetime User
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agreed NK was handled appropriately. We all knew they weren't going to do shit. Their claims were OUTRAGEOUS. But still, you gotta step up and act tough.

Meh, there are nicer buildings, architecurally, but that is pretty bad ass. I want to visit Dubai someday. Paulo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah that was actually kind of refreshing to see him just be straight up about it. Not that NK would have done shit anyhow, but at least he embarrassed them in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post
    Yep, for days straight the MSM was headlining nothing but, "OMG, Trump is so un-presidential, he can't talk like that to NK, he's going to start WWIII!!!!!"
    JayS whining about the MSM again? I'm shocked.

Last edited by Paulo; 08-18-2017 at 10:48 AM.

Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love that you're so obsessed with me. I guess I'm not getting under your skin enough today for you to @Paulo tag me in every post though.

It's really sad though that you can't even have an honest conversation about how biased the media is simply because their bias aligns with your own.

Can you imagine if a US Senator had said he hoped Obama was assassinated? Think it would have been some bi-line story like it was with Trump?
    Last edited by JayS; 08-18-2017 at 10:50 AM.

Meh, there are nicer buildings, architecurally, but that is pretty bad ass. I want to visit Dubai someday. Paulo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's really sad though that you can't even have an honest conversation about how biased the media is simply because their bias aligns with your own.
    That's rich.

*Hey while we're on the topic, What's a good source for political news?
    Last edited by Paulo; 08-18-2017 at 10:51 AM.

Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Paulo View Post
    That's rich.

*Hey while we're on the topic, What's a good source for political news?
    You realize I'm never going to answer that just because I know how much it bothers you right? Anyone with more than a couple working braincells, which I realize your leftist view precludes you from, could figure out where I get my news from simply by reading these threads. #trolling

Oh yeah, and @Paulo
    Last edited by JayS; 08-18-2017 at 10:54 AM.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know I'm only going to keep asking because I know you won't answer, right?

I don't give a shit what you read. You're one of the most biased people in this thread. You like to bitch about other people but you can't have ANY conversation without whining about the MSM, or Hillary, or whatever the flavor of the month is. It's a shame because you otherwise seem like a fairly intelligent person but your blinded with ignorant hate towards people with opposing views.

You realize I'm never going to answer that just because I know how much it bothers you right? Anyone with more than a couple working braincells, which I realize your leftist view precludes you from, could figure out where I get my news from simply by reading these threads. #trolling
    Nice. Reducing yourself to personal attacks on the internet. Swing that e-cock.
    Last edited by Paulo; 08-18-2017 at 11:02 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's a good source for political news?
    Mrs. Trudeau's boyfriend?
    I dont understand bus lanes. Why do poor people have to get to places quicker than I do?

Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Paulo, the adults are talking, please go find some Canadian ex-pat thread to circle jerk Trudeau on.

All we needed to know about you was clear yesterday when @LZ called you out saying, "OK, what's your answer" and you didn't have one. I have no problem with a real debate with people that have an opposing viewpoint. I try hard to ignore you because you don't have a viewpoint, you simply regurgitate the MSM headlines and when someone finally pins you down asking you to think for yourself you shut down. That's why it's a waste of time. Today though I'm bored and feel like trolling you.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol. LZ didn't want to listen, so I was done with that argument. You want to go back through this thread and see all the shit you avoided? Hey what's a good source for political news?

I'd have a discussion about any of these topics with you if you could get through any of it without going off topic on the Trumpster starter kit talking points. But alas, you cannot. That high horse of yours is all mighty.
    Last edited by Paulo; 08-18-2017 at 11:11 AM.

Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Paulo I get my news from memes, bbc, cnn, fox, facebook, twitter, nyspeed, dailywire, reuters and a whole bunch of other searching. Most of the time lately I'll see a super spicy Trump meme and go, "holy shit, is that true?" and start researching it. More often than not it is true and it's just one more thing the MSM might have covered in an article but then failed to ever promote that article so people would actually see it without having to specifically search for it through google.

Now, how about you get back to answering @lz, with an original thought from your own mind, not some MSM headline or deflection about "Trump supports the nazis!".

Quote Originally Posted by LZ View Post
    So have the police arrest them if they violated some law? I don't think those are event 1st amendment violations.

For whatever reason once both sides were squaring off the police suspended their operations in the area.

We all agree white supremacists suck

So what is your solution limit the 1st amendment? or legalize attacking people you don't agree with? both?
    Last edited by JayS; 08-18-2017 at 11:17 AM.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Paulo I get my news from memes, bbc, cnn, fox, facebook, twitter, nyspeed, dailywire, reuters and a whole bunch of other searching. Most of the time lately I'll see a super spicy Trump meme and go, "holy shit, is that true?" and start researching it. More often than not it is true and it's just one more thing the MSM might have covered in an article but then failed to ever promote that article so people would actually see it without having to specifically search for it through google.
    I do the same. The difference is that I just don't care about their bias when I get into this thread. We all know it's there so don't let it distract from real discussion with people across the spectrum. I started this thread because I want counterbalance to that very obvious bias and I've certainly listened to the people in this thread before which helped me understand the true meaning of articles and stories. I want to stress this point: I actively seek out opposing views from you guys. I WANT to hear what you think. Usually when I try to provide perspective from the other side I get attacked for 'regurgitating MSM headlines'. We have to do our research and form our own opinions. The vast majority of the country will discuss politics less in their entire lives than we have in this thread alone but this thread isn't about that.

Now, how about you get back to answering @lz, with an original thought from your own mind, not some MSM headline or deflection about "Trump supports the nazis!".
    I'd be happy to. If you'll listen.

Fuck no don't limit the 1st amendment. The reason I stopped responding to him was because we went through it earlier on, so it was pointless.

Not once did I say or think that the counter-protesters showing up aggressively was a good idea. AntiFa has made it their mission to escalate things and that's absolutely retarded. My argument was in defense of the idea of simply wanting to counter-protest. The vast majority of the counter-protesters were not bad people for wanting to provide a voice against NAZIS AND WHITE SUPREMACISTS. We already agree that the best response was a calm show of numbers (short of ignoring them completely, but since they were getting attention anyway...) I have doubts as to what sparked the escalation, but I wasn't there.

An effective solution? Fuck if I know. No one in this thread will. But the president simply did not offer a strong opposition to groups of nazis. Despite him not actually trying to encourage them, he is. They were validated by that press conference and they even said that publicly. Do you feel differently about the press conference at Trump tower? To me, the 'official' statements from before were null once that happened and it was just a really strange thing to watch. I wanted Trump to take as strong a position on neo-nazis as he did with NK.

Those are my thoughts, Jay. Think you can discuss them without dismissing my viewpoint as the product of a couple brain cells from a leftist's brain?
    Last edited by Paulo; 08-18-2017 at 12:01 PM.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paulo, i for one appreciate your perspective even though i dont agree. sometimes i look back at my post and i feel a little too far to the right.

Also, if Bannon is gone then i would say this is worrying just for continuity's sake.

who is even left now?

flip side... man that's a lot of savings by trimming the cabinet and not even appointing like what... 300 people to various positions that remain unfilled?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lord
    Go into debt. Build a drift car!
    WEBSITE: BINGS.CA /// FACEBOOK GROUPS: BINGS.CA /// SON240SX /// Ontario Infiniti G & Nissan Z /// CANADIAN BMW M-CARS /// FACEBOOK PAGES: NYSPEED

Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They were validated by that press conference and they even said that publicly. Do you feel differently about the press conference at Trump tower? To me, the 'official' statements from before were null once that happened and it was just a really strange thing to watch.
    Did you actually READ the transcript, the full thing, or just the out of context parts the media reported on? I posted a link to the full thing and no I don't have a problem with what Trump said. Basically he said there were terrible people on both sides and both sides are responsible for the violence. He condemned both sides for their actions as he should.

What I don't know, and neither do you, is what percentage of each side was truly terrible people. There were definitely some hardcore white supremacists and hardcore antifa/blm bat swingers there because we've all seen the videos. There was one kid from OH who decided to ram his car into a crowd and he was definitely from the right and he's now being handled by the criminal justice system as he should. I'm guessing there were also plenty of right wing and left wing people who weren't racists as well but the media is only going to show us what they want us to see. I do know the first night of the protests with the torch march to the statue when the police showed up and asked the torch carrying right wingers to leave the did so and no buildings/cop cars/people were torched which is more than I can say for pretty much any BLM/Antifa protest that the police try to break up. So I don't think those were all hardcore people in that march.

We can agree on this, Trump should have strongly condemned them the day it happened. I would have been fine with him even strongly condemning both sides. If he came out and said, "we have no place in this country for violent white supremacists, violent antifa, violent nazis or violent black lives matter" would that have been ok with you? I doubt it because you seem to think yelling, "what do went want, dead cops, when do we want it, NOW" is no where near as bad as "what do we want, dead jews/blacks, when do we want it, NOW". For me there's no place for either and they're equally as bad. Actually, I shouldn't say there's no place because in a country with true freedom of speech there is a place for ugly racist speech. There's also a place for speech to peacefully counter it and there's a place for anything that moves beyond ugly ideas to specific incitement in our criminal justice system. What there's absolutely no room for is the day our 1st Amendment only protects speech the general population at the time deems moral or politically correct. There was a time not that long ago when the majority in this country thought blacks were worth 3/5th of a white. Should we have violently shut down anyone who wanted to argue otherwise?
    Last edited by JayS; 08-18-2017 at 02:58 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deleted. I realized I don't care about this anymore.
    Last edited by stuiephoto; 08-18-2017 at 03:16 PM.

Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4148495051