Forgot your username?

User Tag List

Thread: Harbor Freight Settlement

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Harbor Freight Settlement

Got an e-mail regarding a class action lawsuit, figured I would post up here since many of you I'm sure have bought stuff at HF and we've had threads before on various other examples (i.e. DRAM, red bull). Details at this link: http://www.nationalsalepricesettlement.com/

Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So unless you save your harbor freight receipts it's really not worth your time, unless you're really excited over a single $10 gift card.

[
    • Option A. Customers who have itemized Harbor Freight receipts reflecting one or more purchases between April 8, 2011 and December 15, 2016 with a “you saved” amount reflected on their receipts can submit copies of those receipts and elect to receive either 20% in cash, or 30% in a Harbor Freight gift card, of the total “you saved” amount listed on their receipts, excluding any amounts reflecting free items or items that were later returned.
    • Option B. Customers who have credit or debit card statements reflecting one or more purchases at Harbor Freight between April 8, 2011 and December 15, 2016 can submit copies of those statements and elect to receive either 10% in cash, or 12% in a Harbor Freight gift card, of the total Harbor Freight purchases on their credit or debit card statement(s), excluding any amounts reflecting items that were later returned.
    • Option C. All other customers who made purchases at Harbor Freight between April 8, 2011 and December 15, 2016 may submit one declaration, signed under penalty of perjury, stating that they purchased an item from Harbor Freight (other than a free item or an item that was later returned) that was advertised with a higher reference price (e.g., “reg. $XXX,” “only $XXX,” or “comp. at $XXX”) adjacent to a lower current offering price, and that they do not have itemized Harbor Freight receipts or credit or debit card statements of their Harbor Freight purchases. Customers submitting this declaration will receive one $10 Harbor Freight gift card.[/quote]

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey $10 is $10! I actually have at least one maybe two receipts from purchases made there within the specified time interval that I saved for whatever reason...have to look when I'm home.

Meh, there are nicer buildings, architecurally, but that is pretty bad ass. I want to visit Dubai someday. Paulo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually do save my receipts but HF has been really good to me in the past. This is more for the lawyers than anyone else.

I'm way cooler in person. Motocrossx23's Avatar
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, this is too much of a hassle for what it is.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shit I'd take a free lunch from them, unfortunately I don't have any receipts

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just did Option B in 5 minutes. Quick easy transaction search with my CC, downloaded said statements over the last 2 years (that's the most history I was able to search) where I made HF purchases and uploaded them as pdf files.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a pile of HF receipts on my desk including all the toolboxes I bought. Nets me like $233.

Typically I dont do these either, but for $233 bux for 1 min of work, I think Ill take it.

Dan

Lifetime User
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So what's the law suit over?

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by juicedz4 View Post
    I had a pile of HF receipts on my desk including all the toolboxes I bought. Nets me like $233.

Typically I dont do these either, but for $233 bux for 1 min of work, I think Ill take it.

Dan
    I saves em all too. Just gotta block off some time to find em all.
    "My Z is a hybrid vehicle....it runs on gasoline and money."

1994 300ZXTT, 2003 Mustang GTTT
    The only thing better than a twin turbo car is two twin turbo cars.

n00bie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Harbor Freight Settlement

Yes, its a POS. My theory on harbor freight: buy their version. If you use it enough to break it.........upgrade to a not version.