Login to forums:

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: True "Touchless" washes with monthly programs?

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@JayS I've been scoping locations for one for a while now, one of which was where they're putting the Transit build. It's a great spot, but I don't like any wash model right now that has employees and for this they'll need a few. Not as many as Delta, but still hands on.

One of the BEST washes I've ever been to was in Knoxville with a similar setup to Royal. Not kidding, I'd drive my RR down from Buffalo in the winter covered in salt with wheels looking like poo and this thing would come out perfect. The most impressive was the wheels though. They'd not only be clean but have perfect tire shine on them with ZERO over spray on anything.

I'm hoping Royal will be similar

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, so I went to Royal for the free wash... and got exactly what I paid for, lol.

This is really no different than Delta except for the side spinning brushes. The brushes get the sides MUCH more clean than delta but at the risk of scratches. I figured since it was pretty much brand new I'd have less scratch risk... nope! Royal even has the same shitty dragging arms as Delta that flaccidly scrape over your hood. I was really hoping they'd have a horizontal spinning brush like at the out of state wash I described in my previous post... So much for that dream.

The tire shine option is laughable. Maybe it'll get better at some point but holy hell...

What I LIKE about it was the free vacs and the dryer mechanism. I'll probably just roll in at some point and use the vacs again for free, since unlike some wash places you can access the dryer area without going though a gate. And the dryer really did a great job especially on the rear of my truck which tends to retain a lot of water.

If you have a really dirty vehicle that hasn't been waxed in a while, this place will get you more clean than Delta for sure. And if you're into dudes wearing bow ties, then you'll really love this place.

Pictures... first up, the rag drag over the hood a-la-Delta is in full effect. Small scratches all down the hood. I can get these out pretty easy, but it's annoying:

Tire shine option:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234