Login to forums:

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: True "Touchless" washes with monthly programs?

Regular User
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Onyx Z32 View Post
    gunny pig
    pig-with-gun.jpg

Last edited by Josh; 04-19-2017 at 04:49 PM.
    2006 Lotus Exige
    2016 Audi A7
    2014 Mercedes G550

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck, lol.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The one on Southwestern that @Scott mentioned is next on my list.
    Did this one today and it's probably my #2 at this point despite being even further out of the way, lol.

$11 for top wash. Multiple soak passes. Only one rinse pass BUT it was a slow one. The "triple-shine" was only a double as it was out of one color and didn't put down as much. It's a Laserwash G5 the same as the one by UB in Amherst, so the water pressure is HIGH and it did one of the best jobs on the rear of my truck. Drying was several passes but still not as good as a properly setup Laserwash 360 I think. And @Norb O this one DOES have an option for a long term pass, although I didn't have time to go all the way through the menu and get the details.

At some point I'll edit this thread so that all the reviews I'm doing are easily searchable.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was admiring what a great job the torrential rain did cleaning my car last night. Even managed to get the dirt off the sculpted running boards on the wife's car.
    Last edited by JayS; 04-21-2017 at 02:53 PM.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@JayS I'm going to add a review for "the rain" as well just for you.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll start you off. Last night's was a 9 out of 10. Best rain wash of the year.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- 2001 560i LSx SOLD
    - 2000 FRC

Lifetime User
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post
    I was admiring what a great job the torrential rain did cleaning my car last night. Even managed to get the dirt off the sculpted running boards on the wife's car.
    Hope your cars are outside today! Free car wash!

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by llink78 View Post
    Hope your cars are outside today! Free car wash!
    I was watching the rain come down in sheets at the office today thinking "getting a good wash today".

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha I was in the middle of that shit yesterday thinking "this is really good @JayS carwash weather."

Jr. User
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So i tried the wash behind basil a few weeks ago. Like everyone else, I left with my car still dripping wet. Really wasn't worth the 7 or 8 bucks i paid.

Where is this place in O.P.? I may have to try that.

I also pass a touch-less wash coming home from work, but its normally dark so i haven't stopped yet. Its over by harlem and clinton, across from consumers. Anyone try this one yet?

Lifetime User
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 97eclipse View Post
    So i tried the wash behind basil a few weeks ago. Like everyone else, I left with my car still dripping wet. Really wasn't worth the 7 or 8 bucks i paid.

Where is this place in O.P.? I may have to try that.

I also pass a touch-less wash coming home from work, but its normally dark so i haven't stopped yet. Its over by harlem and clinton, across from consumers. Anyone try this one yet?
    In the middle of the self wash bays? That place is pretty run down. Hard to even get soap to come of the the brushes.

Jr. User
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by llink78 View Post
    In the middle of the self wash bays? That place is pretty run down. Hard to even get soap to come of the the brushes.
    Yes. Thats the place. Never stopped there before, but it does have that "run down" look. Guess i'll skip it. Thanks for the heads up.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Next time you're there take a look and see if there are any top-down blowers. I don't remember seeing any, and even with a slow exit there was a lot of water left on the top of my hood.

It looks like he has the standard arch option but missing the top-down blowers:

So I went back there over the weekend and they definitely have two top down blowers. My truck was 90% dry after the dry time, wondering if the top blowers weren't working that day you went. I left my moonroof cover open and it blew the water off the glass instantly.
    Still trying to sell him on the monthly program. What would you pay monthly for that level of place? Just curious....

EA Scammin'
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd like to retract my previous statement about not having any issues with Delta Sonic:

IMG_2595.JPG
    IMG_2596.JPG

These are the driverside wheels. The passenger side wheels have no "rash" on them at all. I do not go through drive thru's. Ever. I'm sure this is from going through Delta Sonic washes. I've never had an issue with any of my other vehicles, but, none of them have had 21in wheels on them either.

Regular User
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LowlyOilBurner View Post
    I'd like to retract my previous statement about not having any issues with Delta Sonic:

IMG_2595.JPG
    IMG_2596.JPG

These are the driverside wheels. The passenger side wheels have no "rash" on them at all. I do not go through drive thru's. Ever. I'm sure this is from going through Delta Sonic washes. I've never had an issue with any of my other vehicles, but, none of them have had 21in wheels on them either.
    My A7's front wheel has an ugly from Delta's conveyor belt also. Switched to the Lazerwash in OP and it works great, is cheaper (or as cheap) and is much faster with less waiting.
    2006 Lotus Exige
    2016 Audi A7
    2014 Mercedes G550

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tbirdsc1 View Post
    So I went back there over the weekend and they definitely have two top down blowers. My truck was 90% dry after the dry time, wondering if the top blowers weren't working that day you went. I left my moonroof cover open and it blew the water off the glass instantly.
    Still trying to sell him on the monthly program. What would you pay monthly for that level of place? Just curious....
    Maybe I need to go back again.

I get a wash once a week, so I'd probably pay whatever gets me 1 extra wash a month.

Regular User
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe I need to go back again.

I get a wash once a week, so I'd probably pay whatever gets me 1 extra wash a month.
    I used Clinton / Two Rod yesterday. Overall, not bad for the $9. I agree, my truck was nearly dry when I got out. I was somewhat disappointed that there was still some residue left behind. I have a black truck, and after the wash, I could still see a haze of grime on the paint where I could make a 'clean' spot with my finger.

This is my first time using a touchless carwash, and also the first time my trucks been washed in ~2 years, so maybe my expectations were too high, or maybe my grime was really attached.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbgb22 View Post
    ... I could still see a haze of grime on the paint where I could make a 'clean' spot with my finger... the first time my trucks been washed in ~2 years...
    If you haven't waxed your vehicle in a long time this is going to happen.

I waxed my black truck in February and that was enough to keep it clean with a touch-less wash for the winter. I still haven't waxed it since then so I'm starting to see the same haze.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Black AMG is ceramic coated and there is still NOTHING better than a hand wash. The agitation gets the dirt and crud off. Pollen is about all the touchless wash removes and some rain spots.

The wash in OP is a joke. Left all kinds of bird residue as the water jets were not as powerful as other washes.

So far, Kwik Fill in Elma is the best of its kind.
    2016 GT350 2001 EPL Built Techart Styled 996 911 Twin Turbo

2014 GT500 2010 E63 AMG

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbgb22 View Post
    I used Clinton / Two Rod yesterday. Overall, not bad for the $9. I agree, my truck was nearly dry when I got out. I was somewhat disappointed that there was still some residue left behind. I have a black truck, and after the wash, I could still see a haze of grime on the paint where I could make a 'clean' spot with my finger.

This is my first time using a touchless carwash, and also the first time my trucks been washed in ~2 years, so maybe my expectations were too high, or maybe my grime was really attached.
    Same thing happened to me - I ran the car through the Basil wash and still had residue left over. Granted, the car was sitting in the garage for 2 weeks uncovered getting all sorts of dust, grime, and even pollen on it from the door being open.
    @2TurboZ is correct - hand wash is pretty much the only way to go. Who wants to have a wash party?
    - 2001 560i LSx SOLD
    - 2000 FRC

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only if you are wearing your bikini!
    2016 GT350 2001 EPL Built Techart Styled 996 911 Twin Turbo

2014 GT500 2010 E63 AMG

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Onyx Z32 I see there's a Royal car wash opening up on Transit Rd in Amherst...although I'm not too sure if they're any different from a Delta Sonic.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123