Login to forums:

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Experiences With UBER in Buffalo?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

$27 bucks to Eden... I think I've paid $27 from downtown to Hertel before in a taxi. Buffalo taxis are / were the worst.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo View Post
    I was curious to see what type of money they can make. Can it be worth doing if your vehicle doesn't get good gas mileage or do you really need something really good on gas to make decent money.
    The money per hour isn't great there a few breakdowns on it if you google

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Quattro Krant View Post
    ... So, $27 for the ride, $20 tip, no DWI, and hopefully some crackhead steals the A4. Not a bad way to be.

Lifetime User
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Geehee View Post
    $27 bucks to Eden... I think I've paid $27 from downtown to Hertel before in a taxi. Buffalo taxis are / were the worst.
    Yup, I couldn't believe it either. Money well spent in my eyes. I remember asking before we started off if they were going to kill me-like I said, I was feeling pretty buzzed but not one of those annoying asshats that's all loud and obnoxious. They assured me they weren't murders. Then they asked me if I was a murderer. It should be noted I was wearing salmon boat shoes, khaki shorts, and a stripped shirt..... Then we all laughed and set off. Also, the A4 wasn't stolen, boooooooo.

Double Wrapped. Cause, you know, well its GM ultradriver10000's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not in Buffalo, but I've used Uber a lot in other cities.

Decent trip I had was from the Detriot airport to my house which is about 48 miles. This normally takes just over an hour to drive. Lady was totally crazy, starts off with a "hi nice to meet you!" and two seconds into the drive starts telling me about how her husband died and she is doing this because she needs the money. I was going to try to sleep on the ride, because it was late ~1am, but with her blabbering on about her life being such a mess, I wanted to ensure if she took me to a field to be robbed and beaten at least i'd see it coming. Made it home safe and sound for ~$42.

I've taken several in Texas, all great experiences with friendly people.
    Last edited by ultradriver10000; 07-17-2017 at 08:24 AM.

Wife = "Honey please don't drift this corner, we have soup in the car."
    1997 Corvette 418| LSX E36 M3 | 2013 Ram Cummins | 1997 Viper | 3800SC Cavy

I'm way cooler in person. Motocrossx23's Avatar
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who tips Uber drivers? I was told they couldn't take tips...

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Motocrossx23 View Post
    Who tips Uber drivers? I was told they couldn't take tips...
    I've heard something similar, but maybe that was a few years ago. From the website:

Can I tip my driver with the app?

You are free to tip and drivers are free to accept.

You can tip your driver at the end of your trip through the app. When prompted to provide a rating, first select a rating for your driver and then you will be given the option to add a tip as well.

You may also tip on a past trip through the app, on riders.uber.com, and from your emailed trip receipt.
    https://help.uber.com/h/8459a496-5ed...c-d8afd9ccf34f

Lifetime User
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the past they hadn't given the option of tipping, because the whole point of the app is that the price is all inclusive. You pay what's on the screen. I think pressure from Lyft has changed that, since Lyft had tipping and drivers were preferring that.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They shouldn't allow tipping and just make it all inclusive in a single price...

It's pretty funny everyone pushes this as "way to make extra money" or "work on your own schedule" when Uber has its end goal of self driving cars and taking human drivers out of the equation.

Lifetime User
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Onyx Z32 View Post
    I've heard something similar, but maybe that was a few years ago. From the website:

https://help.uber.com/h/8459a496-5ed...c-d8afd9ccf34f
    You can now tip on the app. So much better than a cab. Went from 33 speakeasy to my house in south buffalo for $12. I don't I'd use a cab again.

Lifetime User
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by llink78 View Post
    You can now tip on the app. So much better than a cab. Went from 33 speakeasy to my house in south buffalo for $12. I don't I'd use a cab again.
    That made me think of Twilight Room on Virginia Place. Pretty cool joint.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Onyx Z32 . Are you still in the valet business? If so has this impacted that yet?
    Last edited by Carnut; 07-17-2017 at 12:47 PM.
    Them that don't know him won't like him and them that do
    Sometimes won't know how to take him

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carnut View Post
    @Onyx Z32 . Are you still in the valet business? If so has this impacted that yet?
    Zero impact on our business other than maybe a bit more positive experience because now we don't have to fight with ignorant cab drivers who attempt to run over employees. And we don't have people waiting 40 minutes for a cab company then asking our staff to drive them somewhere...

My impression was that we didn't have enough cabs in our area. And the ones we had in this area were mostly terrible. It took months to find a quality cab driver at one of our client accounts; someone we could rely on to show up on time, have a clean car, good customer experience, etc. Now it's easy.

I wish they had better indicators on the cars to show which were UBER vehicles though. There is a window thing but some don't have it on their car it seems.

Regular User
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Onyx Z32 View Post
    Zero impact on our business other than maybe a bit more positive experience because now we don't have to fight with ignorant cab drivers who attempt to run over employees. And we don't have people waiting 40 minutes for a cab company then asking our staff to drive them somewhere...

My impression was that we didn't have enough cabs in our area. And the ones we had in this area were mostly terrible. It took months to find a quality cab driver at one of our client accounts; someone we could rely on to show up on time, have a clean car, good customer experience, etc. Now it's easy.

I wish they had better indicators on the cars to show which were UBER vehicles though. There is a window thing but some don't have it on their car it seems.
    That's good to read. My initial thought was that this would impact valet equally as car usage dropped/uber usage increased.
    Last edited by Carnut; 07-21-2017 at 12:23 PM.
    Them that don't know him won't like him and them that do
    Sometimes won't know how to take him

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use it in Buffalo on the weekends.

I use it when I am out of town constantly.
    2016 GT350 2001 EPL Built Techart Styled 996 911 Twin Turbo

2014 GT500 2010 E63 AMG

I'm just here for the ladies. boxxa's Avatar
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't mind it so far. Only thing that sucks is that NY has the fee so the big city type where you can jump in it and take it for $3 down the street doesn't exist here and has a min of $7 due to the state taxes. Otherwise its pretty good and glad its finally here. Did just get a bunch of Lyft credits so maybe gonna hit up that a bunch this week.

Lifetime User
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boxxa View Post
    I don't mind it so far. Only thing that sucks is that NY has the fee so the big city type where you can jump in it and take it for $3 down the street doesn't exist here and has a min of $7 due to the state taxes. Otherwise its pretty good and glad its finally here. Did just get a bunch of Lyft credits so maybe gonna hit up that a bunch this week.
    $4 whole dollars.......

I'm just here for the ladies. boxxa's Avatar
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

$4 whole dollars.......
    It adds up lol.

Lifetime User
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Drunken Richard likes Uber. Richard also likes cold pasta salad from Braymillers. $ well spent.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Used it last night to get the family home from the airport. After picking up our bags requested an Uber around 12:40am that was 4 minutes away. Buffalo Airport has a designated rideshare pickup area now so we walked down there (past some shitty van taxis) and watched the car approach on the map. A black Chevy Captiva (which I didn't even know was sold here) slowly rolled up. He asked if I was Jason then helped load all our crap from 2 adult 1 child week vacation in the trunk. Car was clean and clearly setup for livery duty with it's neoprene like seat covers on the passengers and rear seats. Driver was polite, not real talkative and a great driver. Hands at 10 and 2, always signaled, never followed too close and reacted quickly when a deer popped its head out at almost 1am on North Forest. $15, gave him 5 stars and tossed in a tip via the app after he left. Love having this service here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

every time I see this thread title: "Experiences With UBRF in Buffalo?"
    Race: E36 Chumpcar / DE: E30 / Summer: C6 Vette / Winter: Audi A3

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That made me think of Twilight Room on Virginia Place. Pretty cool joint.
    They closed.

I have only used Lyft so far because at midnight on the 4th the Uber app crashed. The kid we had was super nervous and not super sociable, but he got us from Ballyhoo to Founding Fathers for like $9. Considering a cabbie tried charging me more than that to get from Elmwood and Bryant to Tupper and Franklin once, I'll call it a win. I have a lot of guests that have been using it to come to/from Billy Club/Allen St in general.

No more long route to run the meter, no more demanding cash to not run their meter, no more turning down rides when you tell them where you're going, and most importantly no more asking my female employees for sexual favors in lieu of money for their ride home at night. Fuck Liberty Cab.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manhagen View Post
    and most importantly no more asking my female employees for sexual favors in lieu of money for their ride home at night. Fuck Liberty Cab.
    So what you're saying is rides home are going to be more expensive for your sluttier female employees.
    Last edited by JayS; 08-02-2017 at 10:40 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What part about having a girl come to work the next day super upset about her commute home including rape implications is funny?
    Last edited by manhagen; 08-02-2017 at 10:43 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast