Login to forums:

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 62 of 62

Thread: Experiences With UBER in Buffalo?

  1. #51
    Lifetime User 91MR2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    10,804
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post
    So what you're saying is rides home are going to be more expensive for your sluttier female employees.

    2012 Lotus Evora S GP, 1995 Lotus Esprit S4, 1991 Toyota MR2, 1987 Renault GTA

  2. #52

    World Wide Waterjet


    www.WorldWideWaterjet.com


    Springville, NY
    (716)592-4957
    Blue Eyed Devil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    East Aurora
    Posts
    15,360
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My first uber experience was in Charlotte NC a couple weeks ago. I only had to wait one hour... awesome sauce. What made it even better was the rap music dropping the N word the whole way to my hotel.

  3. #53
    GIMME DA COOKIES JayS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Williamsville
    Posts
    28,405
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Eyed Devil View Post
    My first uber experience was in Charlotte NC a couple weeks ago. I only had to wait one hour... awesome sauce. What made it even better was the rap music dropping the N word the whole way to my hotel.
    You can see the wait time right in the app before you request the ride. Why would you select it if the wait was an hour? I'm guessing because it was some major event and the wait for a regular cab was even worse?

  4. #54
    Formerly 'gotdubd' manhagen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Hell.
    Posts
    1,294
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Eyed Devil View Post
    My first uber experience was in Charlotte NC a couple weeks ago. I only had to wait one hour... awesome sauce. What made it even better was the rap music dropping the N word the whole way to my hotel.
    Uber has incredible customer service. If you have one or more legitimate complaints, which I think these could be categorized as, they will happily refund your fare and fine the driver.

    My friend had a driver in Chicago using snapchat while he was driving her to the airport and she called the second she got out.
    ****

  5. #55

    World Wide Waterjet


    www.WorldWideWaterjet.com


    Springville, NY
    (716)592-4957
    Blue Eyed Devil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    East Aurora
    Posts
    15,360
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It said 7 minutes then it went to 6 minutes then back 7 minutes.
    Like I said it was my first experience with uber. The airport was jammed for sure and it was a fucking Toyota along with 100 other Toyotas with uber stickers and NO FRONT PLATE in NC which made it more fun.

  6. #56
    Meh, there are nicer buildings, architecurally, but that is pretty bad ass. I want to visit Dubai someday. Paulo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    11,688
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I was travelling last week and decided to do an experiment to see the price difference with Uber and a normal taxi.

    From my house in North Buffalo to the airport is approximately 10 miles.
    Uber from house to airport: $17.85
    Taxi from airport to house: $31.30

    Almost twice as much to take a taxi that wasn't as clean as the Uber car. Also, I never had to take my wallet out with Uber as the entire transaction is done through the app but had to use my card with the Taxi. Why would anyone use a taxi anymore?

  7. #57
    Formerly Red00WS6 Wahoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kessler.... BECAUSE I'AM A MAN!!!
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Old people that don't use cell phones will still have to call a cab.

  8. #58
    Lifetime User
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Round Rock, TX
    Posts
    4,306
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My brother and I had a uber pick us up at Crazy Jakes about 2am a few weeks back.

    20 something chick picks us up in a Jeep Liberty. Says she has 3 dogs, and car stunk like it. I rode in the back there was dog hair everywhere. It actually stunk like wet dog so bad I had to open the window.

    Chick was pretty cool she took us to the Mighty Taco drive-thru, but she told us not to puke in her car. Lol we weren't that drunk at all.

    The uber drivers in Austin are no better, I rode in a Toyota Yaris with a stinky dude the other day.

    The guys in San Antonio near Riverwalk really step it up, they give you mints, car chargers and shit.

    Can't really bitch about a safe ride home for nine fucking dollars.
    Last edited by JustinH; 08-08-2017 at 08:20 PM.

  9. #59
    Lifetime User
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    6,534
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I tell all new UBER users this: Be very careful with surge pricing.

    For example: I took an UBER to a concert venue, a distance of 5 miles, trip took 12 minutes. Total fare: $24.

    -After the concert, took the reverse route, same distance, 12 minutes as well. Total fare: $54

    Surge pricing is no joke. Many times, a taxi is MUCH cheaper.

    I will say this though, my trip there was in a new 300c, with leather, and was immaculate inside. Also, there were two bottles of water in the doors, for passengers. I threw that guy a cash tip (because taxation is theft). If your UBER ride is filthy, you're probably not going to get a tip from me.
    Last edited by snowracer101; 08-09-2017 at 02:26 AM.
    '16 Ram 3500 Cummins 6spd - 07' Infiniti FX35 - '16 Polaris RMK Pro

  10. #60
    Lifetime User
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Buffalo
    Posts
    6,414
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snowracer101 View Post
    I tell all new UBER users this: Be very careful with surge pricing.

    For example: I took an UBER to a concert venue, a distance of 5 miles, trip took 12 minutes. Total fare: $24.

    -After the concert, took the reverse route, same distance, 12 minutes as well. Total fare: $54

    Surge pricing is no joke. Many times, a taxi is MUCH cheaper.

    I will say this though, my trip there was in a new 300c, with leather, and was immaculate inside. Also, there were two bottles of water in the doors, for passengers. I threw that guy a cash tip (because taxation is theft). If your UBER ride is filthy, you're probably not going to get a tip from me.
    We were just in DC for the queen concert. The uber ride down was $14 the ride back was $13. I expected to pay more but somehow was less. Almost called a cab when leaving but thought I'd see the uber price first.

  11. #61
    GIMME DA COOKIES JayS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Williamsville
    Posts
    28,405
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JustinH View Post
    My brother and I had a uber pick us up at Crazy Jakes about 2am a few weeks back.

    20 something chick picks us up in a Jeep Liberty. Says she has 3 dogs, and car stunk like it. I rode in the back there was dog hair everywhere. It actually stunk like wet dog so bad I had to open the window.

    Chick was pretty cool she took us to the Mighty Taco drive-thru, but she told us not to puke in her car. Lol we weren't that drunk at all.

    The uber drivers in Austin are no better, I rode in a Toyota Yaris with a stinky dude the other day.

    The guys in San Antonio near Riverwalk really step it up, they give you mints, car chargers and shit.

    Can't really bitch about a safe ride home for nine fucking dollars.
    The difference is you can leave the dog lady a bad review and in no time she will either address the issue or she won't get any more fares because her rating will drop so much. Try doing that with a dirty cab.

  12. #62
    Lifetime User
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    6,534
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by llink78 View Post
    We were just in DC for the queen concert. The uber ride down was $14 the ride back was $13. I expected to pay more but somehow was less. Almost called a cab when leaving but thought I'd see the uber price first.
    Yeah, most times UBER is cheaper, and you don't have to wait 20 minutes for it to arrive..but, there are a few times that it's been very expense
    '16 Ram 3500 Cummins 6spd - 07' Infiniti FX35 - '16 Polaris RMK Pro

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123