Forgot your username?

User Tag List

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1118192021

Thread: VW Cabriolet Project for the wifey

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love that braze filler. Like Metal Bondo....

Can I ask what the number (55,xxx) at the end of your posts means?
    - 2001 560i LSx SOLD
    - 2000 FRC

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Norb O View Post
    Love that braze filler. Like Metal Bondo....

Can I ask what the number (55,xxx) at the end of your posts means?
    Just keeping track of post views.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spent some time on plumbing this weekend.

Finished up the fuel lines (save for the supply and return to the OE tank, since I need to source the hose still.

The hard lines are a sob to get in with the subframe installed. Apparently I always removed it when I was working on them, whoops. Cant do that now. A little enlarging of the hole thru the chassis made it work, plus it allowed the gravel guard to fit through the hole, which I wanted anyway.

With that done I decided to work on the brake lines. I was originally going to mount the bias on the inside of the firewall or the floor, but I didnt like any of those locations so I decided to put it right on the side of the pedal box. I think it worked out well. I obv still need to flare the lines but a friend is borrowing my tool right now. I should have it back tomorrow and can finish up later this week. Im using 3/16 nicopp which is a dream to work with since you can easily bend it by hand. I still need to add some more mounts, a few of which I may make special to hold all 3 lines with one fastener. The front lines run through the frame rails and come out about 3" from the oe frame tab mounts, I think I showed this before. Those I will need to bend and flare once the lines are installed for good.

Dan

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finished trimming and flaring the 3 output lines last night. I also played around with some zip ties, which hold them together surprisingly well. I still need to come up with at least one mount for the firewall.

Then it was time to tackle the input lines. Im not really happy with how these turned out. 1. the bulkheads are just so damn tall and 2. id like a little more clearance to the steering shaft (yes, I could bend them away more). So I ordered some electroless nickel plated 90 deg bulkheads this am. Ill need to have the engine bay side flange redone to accommodate the nuts and then hope like hell one out of the 6 choices allows the 90 to be keyed correctly inside (I can also shim them some if necessary).

Note: yes, one of the bulkhead fittings i had to substitute with a bolt as I left one at work.

Dan

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1118192021