Login to forums:

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28

Thread: NYS 10 day extension for inspection....

  1. #1
    Regular User cooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Buffalo
    Posts
    762
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default NYS 10 day extension for inspection....

    My car failed its inspection and i need to get one of those 10 day inspection...has anyone gotten one and what do you need to do to get one?? i dont wannna get pulled over with the 05 one...any help would be great

  2. #2
    Dragon, Arizona 98SS10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Lancaster, NY
    Posts
    4,009
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    the print out sheet that the shop SHOULD have given you has it written on there doesnt it? mine did.

  3. #3
    Regular User cooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Buffalo
    Posts
    762
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ^^ they didnt give me any sheet...they just dont me i failed and gave me the trouble codes...i just need to get this 10 day extension so i dont get pulled over

  4. #4
    Lifetime User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Wheatfield,NY
    Posts
    9,625
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    U DO NOT GET A 10 DAY IF U FAIL. ALSO NYS LAW NOW GIVES 10 DAYS FROM WHEN ITS DUE TO GET IT DONE.

  5. #5
    Regular User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Lindenhurst, NY
    Posts
    413
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My brother got a speeding ticket with a bad inspeciton sticker ontop of it, he had hte option of after getting the ticket to get it inspected within 10 days or soemthing to get it revoked.

  6. #6
    Lifetime User JDMR2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    4,453
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    you only get a 10 day extension if your emission test fails due to readiness monitors being "not ready"...not if they flat out fail...and that extension prints on the NYSI receipt...


  7. #7
    Team Jackstands Final GTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Amherst
    Posts
    1,217
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Fucking NYS. I am going to have to deal with this shit in the spring when I get my car back together... My readiness monitors will be fucked, as well as having to run around with a fucking 05 sticker until they reset. I would be better off just yanking the thing off and hoping for the best... better off than having that green sticker sticking out like a sore thumb.

    Oh, and let me say again: New York Blows so unbelievably hard. I will have to fuck with my fuel system and EMS once a year just to pass their bullshit test. Oh... and fuck AEM too for not making their systems OBD-2 scannable. Slightly illegal...but fuck them anyway.

    /Rant Off

  8. #8
    Regular User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Lindenhurst, NY
    Posts
    413
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I forget what my brother said his ticket was for not being up to date, wasn't nearly as bad as the 80 in a 55 though

  9. #9
    Lifetime User JDMR2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    4,453
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Final GTS
    Fucking NYS. I am going to have to deal with this shit in the spring when I get my car back together... My readiness monitors will be fucked, as well as having to run around with a fucking 05 sticker until they reset. I would be better off just yanking the thing off and hoping for the best... better off than having that green sticker sticking out like a sore thumb.

    Oh, and let me say again: New York Blows so unbelievably hard. I will have to fuck with my fuel system and EMS once a year just to pass their bullshit test. Oh... and fuck AEM too for not making their systems OBD-2 scannable. Slightly illegal...but fuck them anyway.

    /Rant Off
    price you pay for modding your car


  10. #10
    Sr. User jeeves744's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,132
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDMR2
    price you pay for modding your car
    not if you got an fbody and hptuners

  11. #11
    Lifetime User JDMR2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    4,453
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jeeves744
    not if you got an fbody and hptuners
    or buy pre obdII cars


  12. #12
    Lifetime User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Wheatfield,NY
    Posts
    9,625
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Final GTS
    Fucking NYS. I am going to have to deal with this shit in the spring when I get my car back together... My readiness monitors will be fucked, as well as having to run around with a fucking 05 sticker until they reset. I would be better off just yanking the thing off and hoping for the best... better off than having that green sticker sticking out like a sore thumb.

    Oh, and let me say again: New York Blows so unbelievably hard. I will have to fuck with my fuel system and EMS once a year just to pass their bullshit test. Oh... and fuck AEM too for not making their systems OBD-2 scannable. Slightly illegal...but fuck them anyway.

    /Rant Off
    U should of had it inspected b4 u stored it

  13. #13
    Team Jackstands Final GTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Amherst
    Posts
    1,217
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nitroinsane
    U should of had it inspected b4 u stored it

    Yeah, hindsight works pretty good in theory. Unfortunately it doesnt work in reality! I wasnt planning to have my car in 6000 peices when I stopped driving it, and it was shitty weather by the time I did.

  14. #14
    Regular User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    258
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If all of your monitors have not been completed and an emissions repair has been made you will get the 10 day extension. Bring in a receipt for an o2 sensor or something. Do you think we send cars off without an inspection or 10 day when we clear CELs. It also only takes like 2 short trips to get close to all of your monitors set. You can have 2 not ready in '01 and earlier cars. Hell if the vehicle is present year or 1 year prior it's not even scanned for emissions. You also should be able to get a 10-day from the DMV if you have to re-register the car.

  15. #15
    Lifetime User focusinprogress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    In my garage with too many projects
    Posts
    8,314
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    mike, i will read your codes with my SCT software scanner, and trace it in advantage and see what i can find......my SCT should narrow down further than universal OBD2 scanners, call me wednesday and we'll get this taken care of, also order/buy a new TPS again from autozone, ill swap that in with my old stock TB to see if that takes care of it. sound good???


    If you like my Cafe Bike Build, check out my Blog: GARAGESPUN.COM

  16. #16
    LS1 > LT1 joelster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,267
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Take the sticker off of your DD vehicle and go get your DD inspected again. I'm pretty sure the cops don't have the technology YET to know if a particular sticker belongs on a particular car. The stickers have the bar code on them but I think it's a year or 2 away for the cops to actually scan your registration and sticker when you get pulled over. Go to sears and buy a 9.99 razor blade scraper and soak the sticker with windex. Take your time and it will come off perfect.
    '94 Z28 BLACK LT1 n/a


  17. #17
    Regular User skatanic28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    amherst
    Posts
    711
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joelster
    Take the sticker off of your DD vehicle and go get your DD inspected again. I'm pretty sure the cops don't have the technology YET to know if a particular sticker belongs on a particular car. The stickers have the bar code on them but I think it's a year or 2 away for the cops to actually scan your registration and sticker when you get pulled over. Go to sears and buy a 9.99 razor blade scraper and soak the sticker with windex. Take your time and it will come off perfect.
    if the dd is obd2, will that still work? i get the feeling they would get a bit suspicious if the computer says you still have x months left until expiration and your sticker says its overdue. maybe i just have to find an older car..

  18. #18
    LS1 > LT1 joelster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,267
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My point is that they don't know YET when you get pulled over, exactly what sticker is supposed to be on your car. Eventually they will be able to scan your sticker and registration when you get pulled over, and they'll know right away if the sticker belongs on your car or not. Right now they just look to see if it's expired, but that WILL change.
    '94 Z28 BLACK LT1 n/a


  19. #19

    World Wide Waterjet


    www.WorldWideWaterjet.com


    Springville, NY
    (716)592-4957
    Blue Eyed Devil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    East Aurora
    Posts
    13,810
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Cure for expired inspection in WNY = snow on the corner of the windshield.

  20. #20
    The Leaker EMX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Rochester
    Posts
    723
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDMR2
    you only get a 10 day extension if your emission test fails due to readiness monitors being "not ready"...not if they flat out fail...and that extension prints on the NYSI receipt...
    no you dont, not any more. they were going to do that, but it never happen, if you fail you fail, you have to just fix whats wrong and redo it.

  21. #21
    Regular User cooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Buffalo
    Posts
    762
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EMX
    no you dont, not any more. they were going to do that, but it never happen, if you fail you fail, you have to just fix whats wrong and redo it.
    actually no..i just got my car inspected today at west herr (and failed) and i got a piece of paper saying what was wrong and it also is a 10 day temporary inspection

  22. #22
    At least you're not me! JEG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    boonies
    Posts
    8,905
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yeah my inspection was due like 2 weeks ago. i gota get me a sticker. my car wont pass inspection by a long shot though

    wow jeg that was srsly so stupid. srsly.

  23. #23
    Regular User cooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Buffalo
    Posts
    762
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by focusinprogress
    mike, i will read your codes with my SCT software scanner, and trace it in advantage and see what i can find......my SCT should narrow down further than universal OBD2 scanners, call me wednesday and we'll get this taken care of, also order/buy a new TPS again from autozone, ill swap that in with my old stock TB to see if that takes care of it. sound good???
    sounds good...call me wedsnesday after 4

  24. #24
    Lifetime User focusinprogress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    In my garage with too many projects
    Posts
    8,314
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    done deal


    If you like my Cafe Bike Build, check out my Blog: GARAGESPUN.COM

  25. #25
    Lifetime User 1sik bmw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Lancaster
    Posts
    3,086
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AWDrifter
    Cure for expired inspection in WNY = snow on the corner of the windshield.
    word, but its hard with all this rain we've been getting

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •